Sunday 23 September 2012

Waitress

A pocket full of change is an unacceptable way to pay a $20 bill.
I am not the transit bus, I don't want change. That and a coffee shop are the only acceptable places to pay in all change. 
This shit will be weighing down my apron all night.

I understand you liked 
"This thing, I had like a few years ago, it was a Japanese looking box with stuff in it. I think there was fish, maybe like veggies..."
But we don't have that. I understand you're
"so sure it was at this restaurant"
But we don't have that. We've never had that. 
I don't now how else to express to you that we don't have that. Nor will we make it for you. 

"What kind of alcohol do you have"
Like cocktails? 
Like specials?
Like blended drinks?
Like draft?
Like shooters?
Like our rail liquor?
"No just like.... everything"
Unreasonable question. Moving on. 

Our side items are Baked potato, mashed potato, fries, gravy, rice, beans, broccoli, coleslaw, roasted veggies, bacon mac and cheese, and a lovely truffle oil potato hash. Or you can replace both with a bowl of soup or salad. 
WHY AREN'T YOU LISTENING WHEN I TELL YOU THAT.
Each mean comes with two side items. 
No I will not repeat that list for every one of you sitting at this table. There are ten of you. I have other stuff to do. The list is written in the menu. 
LISTEN THE FIRST TIME. 

Thank you for the compliment on my necklace, drunk sir. 
No you can't touch it. 
Why are you touching it.
Stop touching it. 
That's too close to my boob.

Okay, we're done here. 


1 comment:

  1. My favourite is:

    "Hi, my name is (name), how is everyone doing today?"
    "Diet pepsi."

    Or

    "I'll be right back with some refills on your drinks, is there anything else I can bring for you?"
    "I'll have another Pepsi."

    ReplyDelete