Tuesday 29 May 2012

Technology

Technology is starting to turn on me.

Society (at least the society that I'm involved in) is becoming more and more dependent on technology every day. We can't go anywhere without a phone, not just a phone though, a smart phone. A phone that can do more than our brain can do. But that's only because we've let it become our brain. Our problem solving skills are quickly deteriorating because Google can do everything for us and it's right at our fingertips 24/7. I can't be satisfied with just my phone though. I have an iPad and an iPod touch (which is essentially the exact same thing), a laptop, and a GPS with Bluetooth. But my external brains have been acting up, and I don't know how to deal with it.

For anyone that knows me well enough you'll know that if it's plugged in and turned on and it's still not working, I'm out of solutions.

So here's how I've been breaking down recently... if you have any helpful suggestions, please feel free to educate me in the comment section below.


1. Blackberry.

I used to say that my Blackberry was just fine and I didn't need an iPhone. Well fuck Blackberry. I eternally have a Facebook notification on my home screen when I don't actually have one and it's driving me bat shit crazy. Every now and then it'll disappear randomly and life goes back to normal, but most of the time my Blackberry is just tricking me into thinking I'm more popular than I actually am, then letting me down.

I repeat, fuck Blackberry.

Oh and while I was taking pictures for this post my screen turned white and shut down. Had to take out the battery and reboot. WHYYY


2. iPad

I don't have Flash player and that pisses me off. Besides that iPad is out of the woods. I actually love it. Good job Apple.

3. GPS

I haven't had an issue with my GPS before I moved to Kitchener, I don't know why it isn't adjusting to life here. I went to downtown Toronto to visit a friend a couple weeks ago and on my way home my GPS should have got a signal once I was away from all the tall buildings. Well I took a wrong turn and drove down a highway to Hamilton (that's not the right way to Waterloo is all I really knew) for 45 minutes before I found somewhere to ask for directions. I haven't been able to get a GPS signal ever since. 

I guess everywhere I go in K-W and hope for the best.

4. Laptop

Sometimes the WiFi works, most of the time it doesn't. It randomly turned on by itself yesterday after a 2 week hiatus.

Yes, I was trying to connect to the right network
No, It wasn't a problem with the router
Yes, the dumb little WiFi switch was turned on.

I don't know why. But I got to finally download & watch the Survivor finale because I'm still living in 2002 when Survivor was cool. It was wonderful.

5. iPod

Here's my main frustration of the day.

This morning I pulled my aux. cable in my car out of my iPod and it broke off inside the headphone jack. Just a tiny piece enough to prevent me from using my iPod.  And here's where my iPod beef really starts.

About a year and a half ago I dropped my iPod and cracked it, still works fine but it gave me an excuse to buy a new one since 4 gigs was way too small anyways. I bought a 32 gig iPod touch. It got stolen at a party shortly after because I partied with dumbasses. So now I'm back to the 4 gig cracked one.

But that's really a different story.

So I spent this evening fashioning tiny pliers with a bobby pin and a large knife that I shouldn't have the authority to use, but cutting the tips of the bobby pins off broke the scissors so I needed to upgrade to giant knife. Little mofos are tough. Don't tell the roomies that's why the scissors are all bent.

Needless to say my homemade tiny pliers didn't work and half of the end of a cable is still stuck in my iPod.



That was an exceedingly whiny post and I apologize. Try reading this Clubbing or this Pepsi
I'm much less annoying and much funnier.
#selfpromotion

1 comment:

  1. Ha! My husband hates his BlackBerry too - and has the same Facebook notification problem.

    This post doesn't sound whiny to me... it sounds like you need a vacation from technology! :)

    ReplyDelete