Friday 27 January 2012

Resolutions

So it's that time of year when all you silly kids with new years resolutions haven't been to the gym in 2 and a half weeks, and ate a Kitkat for lunch. You haven't tried anything new since January 4th and you've been somking again since January 5th.

New years resolutions are complete crap I think. Why is it that so many people feel like since it's the beginning of a year their lives merit some kind of extreme change? Shouldn't you be changing all the time and adjusting your lifestyle as needed? There's no motivation to make a change because of the date.

I'm sure the conspiracy theorists have a thought on the concept of resolutions.

I didn't make a resolution this year and I've been doing just fine this past month. I did however recently find a list from last year about all the things I wanted to do in 2011, and it's complete bullshit. Apparently I was in an inspirational mood because I wanted challenge myself daily, set goals, and live a healthy lifestyle.

This list goes on and on but it's pretty embarassing.

It got me thinking about 2011, and I realized I've done all those things without needed to think about a stupid list that I had completely forgotten about by the next week I'm sure.

I don't think life can be defined by these huge changes you made in your life, but the little ones that happen everyday that you don't really notice. So lets take a photo journey through my experinces and lessons learned in 2011!


I perfected my Jello shot recipe for my birthday


I served some of the dumbest people in Winnipeg


I dropped out of University for a term and went back to summer courses where assignments were "go get coffee and take a picture of it" I was good at that course.


I went to Hogwarts! (Universal studios counts)


I drove through the most insane storm of the summer on a dirt road with no cell reception, and waited it out in a random person's garage on the side of the highway.


I climbed to the top of Old Blady for Michelle to put her first rock on an inukshuk at Malachi! She's a lifer now.


I drove to Chicago where my friends demostrated their amazing art skills.


I sat on the Skydeck at the top of the Willis Tower (formerly Seers tower)


I went to Lollapalooza with 4 people and left Lollapalooza with 4 people. That's an accomplishment.


Janey and I cleaned out my car for one of the first times since I bought it


I started CreComm, met some incredible people, and ate a stupid amount of hotdogs.


I cocaptained an ultimate frisbee team where we learned to play with more beer in our systems than water.


I learned how to cut corn off the cob


And I rang in the new year with some of the best people in the world.

Get rid of your lists and resolutions, you're going to forget about them anyways. Live your life as it comes. It worked out just fine for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment