Friday 18 November 2011

Winter

I'm not saying I enjoy winter... but there are a few things to like.
Here's my top ten reasons to love Winnipeg Winter!

10. Moccasins are the most accepted form of footwear

9. A toque can disguise any horrible hair day

8. Extra time en route to school or work for some self taught voice lessons in the car.

7. I don't have to straighten my hair, the snow will make it curly anyways. what's the point?

6. Wearing slipper socks inside my boots.

5. The river trail. Every year I suffer embarrassing falls and injuries, but for people who know how to skate I'd imagine it's pretty fun.
this is hoar frost

4. Staying in on a Friday night to watch movies in your pyjamas isn't lazy - it's practical.

3. Making S'mores inside over a fireplace.

2. Hoar Frost on the trees... and saying hoar frost.

1. Baileys in your coffee or hot chocolate is accepted at any time of day!

I know winter sucks... but cuddle up by a fire in 5 or 6 layers of clothes plus a cozy blanket and try to enjoy it, it's not going anywhere anytime soon.


2 comments:

  1. Complete lack of Festivale. Autofail.

    - Kiprian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute post Linds :) Love when people point out the positives of living in our chilly climate. You hit the nail on the head with the Baileys girrrrl. Yum!

    ReplyDelete